We begin this series with our ABSOLUTE ALL-TIME favorite.
I commit to remarry Susan every time she cooks this recipe - and that is pretty often. I think this recipe is dangerous and could be used as a secret weapon to trap an unwary man!
Not only is this quick and easy to prepare, it falls squarely in the comfort food category with its creamy base and sparkly tart sundried tomato bite.
The recipe creates a sauce that is wonderful poured over rice or mashed potatoes. Go ahead and add a roll for sopping up any remaining sauce.
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 3-4 Large Chicken Breasts (Thighs work too!)
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon Thyme (1 Tablespoon if fresh)
- 1 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes (1/2 tsp for less spice)
- 3/4 Cup chicken broth (use our Bak Pak to make it!)
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1/2 Cup Sundried Tomatoes - chopped
- 1/4 to 1/2 Cup Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Fresh Basil
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
2. Season the chicken generously with salt and pepper and sear until golden, about 4-6 minutes per side. Transfer the chicken to a 9 by 13 pan.
3. Return the skillet to medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute - being careful not to brown it. Stir in the thyme, red pepper flakes, chicken broth and heavy cream. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring often. Stir in the sundried tomatoes and parmesan cheese.
4. Spoon the sauce all over the chicken. Bake until chicken is cooked through - about 15-18 minutes and 165 degrees on an instant read thermometer. Garnish with fresh basil and more parmesan cheese. Serve.
5. Be sure to spoon some of that wonderful sauce onto your rice or mashed potatoes!
Please let us know what you think!
Special thanks to delish.com and modernhoney.com - we have enjoyed this for years.